Careers at CCS
Currently Open Positions
We are hiring an administrative assistant—see below for details. No longer accepting applications.
We are always hiring substitute teachers—scroll down for details.
CCS strives to create a just and sustainable workplace where all teachers and staff can feel joy and satisfaction in their work and participate in lifelong learning.
- Job descriptions (2019-20) for all positions
- Pay schedule for teaching positions
- Employment Benefits for all positions
The Children’s Community School is an equal opportunity employer. Our policies, procedures, and practices are designed to prohibit discrimination on the basis of race, ethnicity, color, religious creed, disability, ancestry, national origin, age, marital status, sex, gender, or sexuality. We strive to create a just and diverse school community. We encourage people of color, men, and LGBTQ people to apply for all positions.
Subbing at CCS
Now seeking substitute teachers! Send your résumé and letter of interest to Stephanie; we will reach out to schedule an orientation in late August before school starts in September.
Do you get along well with young children? The Children’s Community School is always looking for substitute teachers. Sometimes we schedule subs in advance; other times we reach out for subs just the night before or the morning of. If you freelance or work part-time, subbing can be a great fit for you!
Subbing pays $12/hour; checks are mailed at the end of every week. School hours are 8am-6pm, typical shifts are 8am-1pm or 12pm-5pm (but can sometimes be flexible depending on your needs). Substitute teachers always work on a team with other teachers. Subs are required to attend a brief orientation before working, and are required to pass mandated background checks. If you are interested in helping out this wonderful community by spending enjoyable time with young children, please email Stephanie.
No longer accepting applications.
Join the administrative team of a high-quality west Philly preschool working to promote mindfulness, community, inquiry, and justice! Work to support staff, families, and children, and help our relationship-based institution operate smoothly and efficiently.
- Contract dates August 14th 2019 – August 14th 2020
- Average 20 hours a week
- Weekly schedule to be planned in coordination with admin team; primarily mornings and early afternoons
Pay and Benefits:
- Benefits include Paid Time Off and Retirement Plan with employer matching.
- Executive Director and Business Manager
- Administrative support to Executive Director, Business Manager, and other CCS staff
- Office reception: In person, telephone, intercom, mail and e-mail
- Greeting families and door duty at drop off and pick up times.
- Drafting and sending correspondence with families
- Support enrollment by fielding inquiries, scheduling tours, engaging in publicity efforts, and following up with applicants
- Coordinating with volunteers
- Managing rentals and events in our space, including rental advertising, responding to inquiries, scheduling, and collecting payments.
- Stocking of office and classroom supplies
- Unpacking deliveries of supplies and food
- Ordering supplies, snacks, and other items
- Coordinating building maintenance, handy work and janitorial services
- Occasional supervision of children, and covering for and supporting classroom teachers.
Required Criteria: We will only consider candidates who meet all of the following criteria.
- Strong organizational skills
- Clear verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work collaboratively with school administration, staff, and families
- Ability to supervise children for short periods
- Must pass and provide mandated background checks before beginning employment
- Comfort using Google Docs/Apps or other online tools for collaborative work
Desired Criteria: The ideal candidate will possess many of the following qualities.
- Administrative experience, especially in nonprofit organizations
- Experience in early childhood education and/or progressive education
- Strong research skills, especially skills in searching for and evaluating information online
- Demonstrated growth mindset and eagerness to learn and develop new knowledge, skills, and relationships
Please provide your résumé and cover letter, emailed to email@example.com. Your cover letter should be between half a page and a page, single spaced, and include a discussion of specifics from this ad or our website that make you think you would be a good fit for our school.
We look forward to hearing from you!