Note: If you use Google Calendar, you can add our calendar to your own by clicking on the ‘+ Google Calendar’ link on the bottom right. To sync this calendar to your iPhone, go to Settings > Mail, Contacts, Calendars > Add Account > Other > Add Subscribed Calendar and paste this link: https://calendar.google.com/calendar?cid=Y2hpbGRyZW5zY29tbXVuaXR5c2Nob29sLm9yZ19iY3R1cGVlbzBzOHYwbHUxbDJuZDNpYWs1MEBncm91cC5jYWxlbmRhci5nb29nbGUuY29t
Download: Academic Calendar 2019-2020 as PDF.
Academic Calendar 2019–20
- 13 Orientation Day for New Staff
- 14–30 Teacher Orientation and Home Visits
- 20 New Family Orientation 6:30-8pm
- 24 Family Work Day, 9-11am
- 29 Family Play Date, 9-10am
- 2 School Closed (Labor Day)
- 3 School Closed (Teacher Orientation)
- 4 First Day of School for Children
- 27 School Closed (Professional Development)
- 4 Singalong, 8:45am
- 10 Back to School Night, 7pm
- 26 Campfire Singalong, 5:30pm (Rain date: 11/2)
- 1 Singalong, 8:45am
- 5 School Closed (Professional Development)
- 11–21 Family–Teacher Conferences (School Open)
- 22 Fall Potluck, 11:30am
- 27–29 School Closed (Fall Break)
- 6 Singalong, 8:45am
- 17 & 20 Winter Festivals (9am & 12pm)
- 23–31 School Closed (Winter Break)
- 1-2 School Closed (Winter Break)
- 6 School Closed (Professional Development)
- 10 Singalong, 8:45am
- 20 School Closed; Community Service Day (MLK Jr. Day)
- 7 Singalong, 8:45am
- 14 School Closed (Professional Development)
- 17 School Closed (Presidents Day)
- 22 Pancake Breakfast 9–10:30am
- 24–27 Family–Teacher Conferences (School Open)
- 2–5 Family–Teacher Conferences cont. (School Open)
- 6 Singalong, 8:45am
- 30 School Closed (Professional Development)
- 3 Singalong, 8:45am
- 18 Family Work Day
- 6–10 School Closed (Spring Break)
- 30 Kindergarten Information Night 7pm
- 1 Spring Jubilee and Singalong, 9am & 12pm
- 16 Spring Thing, 9am–12pm
- 22 School Closed (Professional Development)
- 25 School Closed (Memorial Day)
- 5 Singalong, 8:45am
- 8 School Closed (Professional Development)
- 25 Graduation 12:00pm, Last Day of School for Children
- (School ends at 12:30)
- 26 Last Day of School for Staff
Summer Camp 2020 — July 6–August 7
Resources for Current Families
As a young school, we rely on the generosity and support of our parents, community, and partners. We are a 501(c)3 nonprofit; all donations are tax deductible. If you are interested in donating to CCS, please contact Emily.
- If you shop at Amazon.com, use this link and Amazon Smile will donate a percentage of your purchase to us!
Here are some further ways to support us:
- Donate funds for teacher development; we have a wish-list of workshops and events for ongoing education, enrichment, and professional development that we would love to send our teachers to.
- Donate funds to our Financial Aid Fund. CCS is committed to working towards building a school community that reflects our neighborhood. Donations go directly to providing scholarships for students at our school. Last year our financial aid fundraising efforts allowed us to offer 15 partial scholarships to economically disenfranchised families. It is our goal to eventually be able to offer financial aid to any family that needs it.
- Donate open-ended or wooden toys to us, such as blocks and loose parts. We want to utilize objects in the classroom that inspire imagination, rather than battery operated or popular theme inspired toys. Other specific toys include: lacing toys, dress-up clothes, legos, pattern blocks, wooden puzzles.
- Donate children’s books (no commercial characters, please).
- Donate art supplies for 2–5 year olds: paper of any and all colors; crayons; paints and paint brushes; sand; kid safe scissors; nontoxic glue sticks; an easel, or nature inspired items to use in creative projects.
- Donate fabrics and silks to help us decorate our space and to incorporate into creative and imaginative play.
- Become a board member. We require a letter of application that describes and outlines your interests and experience, a CV, and an interview with the Board of Directors.
- Donate your talent to share with our class. If you are an experienced teacher of art, movement, yoga, language, music or dance, we would love to welcome you in our school to share your passion with our students.
- Volunteer to spend time with our students. Read stories, create art, and share time with the younger generation.