Note: If you use Google Calendar, you can add our calendar to your own by clicking on the ‘+ Google Calendar’ link on the bottom right!
Download the 2016-2017 Academic Calendar (PDF)
Academic Calendar 2016-2017
* In the event that schools are closed due to inclement weather or emergency more than 3 days of the winter, April 10 and 11 may serve as make up dates.
As a new school, we rely on the generosity and support of our parents, community, and partners. We are a 501(c)3 nonprofit; all donations are tax deductible. If you are interested in donating to CCS, please contact Merryl.
- If you shop at Amazon.com, use this link and Amazon Smile will donate a percentage of your purchase to us!
Here are some further ways to support us:
- Donate funds for teacher development; we have a wish-list of workshops and events for ongoing education, enrichment, and professional development that we would love to send our teachers to.
- Donate open-ended or wooden toys to us, such as blocks and loose parts. We want to utilize objects in the classroom that inspire imagination, rather than battery operated or popular theme inspired toys. Other specific toys include: lacing toys, dress-up clothes, legos, pattern blocks, wooden puzzles.
- Donate children’s books (no commercial characters, please).
- Donate art supplies for 2–5 year olds: paper of any and all colors; crayons; paints and paint brushes; sand; kid safe scissors; nontoxic glue sticks; an easel, or nature inspired items to use in creative projects.
- Donate fabrics and silks to help us decorate our space and to incorporate into creative and imaginative play.
- Become a board member. We require a letter of application that describes and outlines your interests and experience, a CV, and an interview with the Board of Directors.
- Donate your talent to share with our class. If you are an experienced teacher of art, movement, yoga, language, music or dance, we would love to welcome you in our school to share your passion with our students.
- Volunteer to spend time with our students. Read stories, create art, and share time with the younger generation.