Hello Forest Friends Families,
Reminder we are having our fist ever Forest Friends zoom hangout this Thursday (4/30) at 4:00.
Before we left school, the Forest Friends showed lots of interest in the ocean. We had worked together to make some great under the sea collages. Yesterday Teacher Sarah read Mister Seahorse by Eric Carle. I am going to continue the deep dive into the ocean theme.
A Fish Out of Water By Helen Palmer was one of my favorite books growing up. You can pause the video and ask your child what they think will happen next to Otto.
Make a Fish
Here I am showing you how to make your own fish.
What will your fish look like?
- Paper plate or piece of paper cut into a circle
- markers, crayons, or colored pencils
- old magazines
- You or your child cut a triangle piece out of the circle
- glue triangle on opposite end where you cut to make a tail
- color it in
- glue on piece of cut out magazines
When Forest Friends were in the common room one of their favorite movement songs was “The Goldfish (Let’s Go Swimming)” by The Laurie Berkner Band. It is a silly song that is great for indoor movement / dancing.