Hi Redbud Families,
Seeing a few of you and your kiddos on Zoom really brightened my days this week! I hope you’re all finding ways to stay connected with your loved ones near and far.
For today’s video, Baking With Teacher Seth: Episode 2, I make bread.
And my suggested activity is… bake with your Redbud! I know many of you already do! But for the grown-ups who get a little nervous about baking, here are my top 5 reasons why baking with kids is awesome:
- It involves all of their senses, and sensory play helps kids build all sorts of cognitive skills. (It actually encourages nerve connections in their brains!)
- It’s an opportunity to learn about measuring and practice counting.
- Seeing what happens when you mix different ingredients together and bake them is a science lesson.
- Your Redbud’s sense of accomplishment will put a smile on both of your faces.
- You get something delicious (hopefully) to eat!
If you want to follow along with the video, here’s the recipe I used. (I halved it—the full recipe makes two loaves and might be tough for little hands to mix and knead.) Or get creative with whatever ingredients you have around!