Vacation Care at CCS
Note: Due to the pandemic, CCS will not be offering Vacation Care during the 2020-21 school year.
CCS offers “vacation care” on days when CCS is closed to meet the needs of families who require year-round care.
Younger children will have a fairly typical day at school, but with different teachers and a much smaller group—they’ll have activities, play time, meals, rest in the afternoon, and so on.
Older children often go on local field trips in the mornings—walking to Clark Park, or the Free Library, or getting a snack at a local cafe. They typically return by lunch time, and have a relaxed afternoon at school.
Who may participate?
- Any child currently enrolled at CCS, ages 2–6
- Siblings of enrolled children, ages 3–8
- CCS alumni, ages 3–8
Note: Children who receive or are entitled to “one-on-one” services at school must have a one-on-one during Vacation Care as well
- On days when older children go on field trips, they will return to school no later than 12:30pm
- Calendar of dates below
- Cost for 2019–20 is $70/day (third year at this price)
- Payments may be made via TADS (for families enrolled at CCS), check made payable to Children’s Community School, or cash
- To reserve a spot, email Jarrod with what days you’d like.
- What should children bring?
- All children should pack a lunch and a full water bottle each day, and wear clothing that is comfortable for playing and walking.
- Children 3 and older should bring their belongings in a backpack they can comfortably carry while traveling.
- We reserve the right to cancel service for any day we cannot adequately staff or enroll
Upcoming Dates, 2019–20
- Sept 27
- Nov 5
- Jan 6
- Jan 20
- Feb 14
- Feb 17
- Mar 30
- Apr 6-10
- May 22
- May 25
- June 8
- June 29-July 3