Our primary program is our preschool, which serves children ages 18 months through 5 years. We have four classrooms with overlapping age-ranges in the mornings; as the day progresses the age groups join together for more mixed-age activities.
Our teacher:child ratio varies depending on age and classroom. In the mornings the Redbud class (18m–3y) has 4 teachers and 16 children; the Oak class (2–3y) has 3 teachers and 18 children; the Juneberry class (3–4y) has 2 teachers and 13 children; and the Magnolia class (4–5y) has 2 teachers and 18 children. In the afternoons the groups vary; young toddlers have a maximum ratio of 1:5, older toddlers have a maximum ratio of 1:6, and preschoolers have a maximum ratio of 1:10.
Our school-year runs September through June, offering 185 days of service per year. We offer 2-day (Monday–Tuesday), 3-day (Wednesday–Friday), and 5-day enrollment. The school-day begins at 8:30am, with free early drop-off starting at 8:00. We currently offer a variety of pick-up times from 12:30 to 6:00pm; in the 2018-19 school year will will have schedules ending at 12:30, 3:00, and 6:00 only.
Tuition for 2017–18
- 2-day (8:30-12:30): Monday and Tuesday: $4,200/year
- 3-day (8:30-12:30): Wednesday through Friday: $6,311/year
- 5-day (8:30-12:30): Monday through Friday: $10,511/year
- 5-day (8:30-2:30): Monday through Friday: $13,208/year
- 5-day (8:30-4:30): Monday through Friday: $17,315/year
- 5-day (8:30-5:30): Monday through Friday: $19,368/year
- AFTERCARE: Our afternoon program runs from 12:30-6:00 on a scheduled or “drop in” basis, as space allows. Aftercare is $12/hour.
Tuition for 2018-19 will be posted here in January.
After securing your child’s spot with the security deposit and first payment, families choose one of the payment plans below for the remaining balance. These remaining payments are made through TADS, the external company that handles our applications, enrollment and tuition. Payments are made by check, credit card/debit card or direct debit. There is a service charge for credit cards.
- ONE Payment: Pay remaining tuition in July.
- TWO Payments: Pay half of remaining balance in July and half in January
- MONTHLY Payments: Starting July and ending April. Monthly payment option requires a $45 fee.
See our financial aid page for more information.
To Apply and Enroll
NOTE: We are fully enrolled for 2017-18. We are now accepting applications for 2018-19. Decisions on applications by new families will be made starting in February 2018. For more information, email Merryl.
In order to enroll at CCS we require:
- An application and application fee—click orange button below to apply
- Attendance at an open house or other visit to CCS
- Emergency Contact Information; CCS Enrollment Agreement; Pediatrician Form and Immunization Records
- $400 security deposit (returned when you leave CCS, minus any outstanding payments)
- First payment for the year
The Children’s Community School welcomes all children and families. Our policies, procedures, and practices are designed to prohibit discrimination on the basis of race, color, religious creed, disability, ancestry, national origin, age, sex, or gender. More information on our social justice page.