Program and Application
Our primary program is our preschool, which serves children ages 18 months through 5 years. We have four classrooms with overlapping age-ranges in the mornings; as the day progresses the age groups join together for more mixed-age activities.
- Our school-year runs September through June, offering 185 days of service per year.
- We offer 2-day (Monday–Tuesday), 3-day (Wednesday–Friday), and 5-day enrollment.
- The school-day begins at 8:30am, with free early drop-off starting at 8:00.
- In the 2018-19 school year we will offer schedules ending at 12:30, 3:00, and 6:00pm.
Classrooms and Ratio
Our teacher:child ratio varies depending on age and classroom. In the mornings the Redbud class (18m–3y) has 4 teachers and 16 children; the Oak class (2–3y) has 3 teachers and 18 children; the Juneberry class (3–4y) has 2 teachers and 13 children; and the Magnolia class (4–5y) has 2 teachers and 18 children. In the afternoons the groups vary; young toddlers have a maximum ratio of 1:5, older toddlers have a maximum ratio of 1:6, and preschoolers have a maximum ratio of 1:10. Families do not select which classroom their child will be in; families select the schedule they desire, and the child is places in a classroom depending on age, schedule, and in some cases developmental needs.
Tuition for 2019-20
The income we receive from tuition is not enough on its own to cover the costs of running our high quality center. In 2019-20 we anticipate a $125,000 gap between the tuition we will receive and the cost of operating the school—a gap that will need to be made up through donations, grants, and other kinds of income.
- 2-day (Mondays and Tuesdays)
- 2-day 12:30 – $4,512/year
- 2-day 3:00 – $6,656/year
- 2-day 6:00 – $9,400/year
- 3-day (Wednesdays through Fridays)
- 3-day 12:30 – $7,031/year
- 3-day 3:00 – $9,896/year
- 3-day 6:00 – $14,647/year
- 5-day 12:30 – $10,952/year
- 5-day 3:00 – $16,155/year
- 5-day 6:00 – $22,815/year
- Afternoon drop-ins from 12:30 to 3:00 or 6:00 are available for enrolled children, as space allows, at a rate of $13/hour.
After securing your child’s spot with the security deposit ($400) and first payment (1/11th of total tuition cost), families choose one of the payment plans below for the remaining balance. These remaining payments are made through TADS, the external company that handles our applications, enrollment and tuition. Payments are made by check, credit card/debit card or direct debit. There is a service charge for credit cards.
- ONE Payment: Pay remaining tuition in July.
- TWO Payments: Pay half of remaining balance in July and half in January
- MONTHLY Payments: Starting July and ending April. Monthly payment option requires an annual $45 fee.
See our financial aid page for more information.
To Apply and Enroll
We are currently accepting applications for both 2018-19 and 2019-20.
For 18-19 most spots are filled, but a few remain, and we anticipate some spots may become available for waitlisted applicants.
For 19-20 we will begin accepting applications in February.
In order to enroll at CCS we require:
- An application and application fee—click orange button below to apply
- Attendance at an open house or other visit to CCS
- Emergency Contact Information; CCS Enrollment Agreement; Pediatrician Form and Immunization Records
- $400 security deposit (returned when you leave CCS, minus any outstanding payments)
- First payment for the year
The Children’s Community School welcomes all children and families. Our policies, procedures, and practices are designed to prohibit discrimination on the basis of race, color, religious creed, disability, ancestry, national origin, age, sex, or gender. More information on our social justice page.