Financial aid applications for 2023-24 were due April 20 and are now closed. Contact Jarrod with any questions.
- CCW: We accept Child Care Works (CCW, also known as CCIS or ELRC), Pennsylvania state subsidies for low-income working families.
- PHLpreK: We are a provider with PHLpreK, Philadelphia’s free high-quality preschool initiative! More information on our PHLpreK page.
- Financial Aid: We provide direct financial aid, with awards typically ranging from 10–40% of tuition.
Applications for financial aid for 2023-24 are open March 29–April 20. Please read carefully before applying. Contact us with any questions.
Child Care Works (CCW, also known as CCIS or ELRC), is a Pennsylvania state subsidy for low-income working families. Families who qualify pay a weekly co-pay directly to CCS, and CCW covers the remainder. The CCW program at CCS runs from 8:30am-3pm with free early drop off at 8:15am. Alternately, families using PHLpreK to pay for Full-Day tuition can use CCW subsidies to pay for the “add-on” cost of our Extended-Day (6:00) program.
If you’re already enrolled in CCW (Child Care Works, also known as CCIS or ELRC), we may have CCW seats available. You do not need to fill out the financial aid application right now. Please contact assistant director Leon McClain to discuss enrollment.
If you’re not enrolled in CCW but your household income is below 200% of the federal poverty level and you are employed, you may be eligible for CCW subsidy. Reach out to Child Care Works for more information.
Find out more about CCS’s participation in this program, and how your family can apply, at our PHLpreK page.
Financial Aid Application
For families who are not using CCW or PHLpreK, we offer direct financial aid.
We have a new, streamlined financial aid application this year. We are confident that this application is more user-friendly for families than what came before, but please take some time to read the application questions in advance and gather the information you’ll need.
Applications were due April 20, 2023, and are now closed.
Decisions will be made by the first week of May. We urge you to fill out the application as early as possible.
How to Apply
- Prepare. Look at the list of application questions, and make sure you are prepared to answer them. Gather any documentation needed (see below).
- Apply. Complete the application online—click the button below.
- Submit Documentation. Documentation can be emailed to email@example.com, or hard copies can be mailed or dropped off at the school. One of the two types of documentation is required:
- Proof of current receipt of public benefits
- Proof of Income and Expenses/Debts/Liabilities
- Income: 1040 or W2 or 1099 or paystub for all jobs listed
- Expenses, Debts, and Liabilities: for any item that is more than 10% of your income, submit documentation (e.g., copy of rent check, or bill for childcare expenses, or credit card statement).
If you have questions about this process, contact us.