Vacation Care at CCS
CCS offers “vacation care” on days when CCS is closed, and also on days that the school district is closed, to meet the needs of families who require year-round care.
Who may participate?
- All children enrolled at CCS may participate
- Children ages 3–8 who are not enrolled (such as siblings, alums, and friends) may also participate
- 8:00–3:00 during August; 8:30–3:00 during the school year
- Adventurers will leave school by 9:00 and return by 2:00
- Calendar of dates below
- Cost for 2018-19 is $70/day (same as last year!)
- Cost includes transportation fees, admission to field trip locations, etc.
- Payments may be made via TADS (for families enrolled in preschool), check made payable to Children’s Community School, or cash
- To reserve a spot, email Jarrod with what days you’d like.
- What should children bring?
- All children should pack a lunch and a full water bottle each day, and wear clothing that is comfortable for playing and walking.
- Adventurers should their belongings in a backpack they can comfortably carry while traveling.
- What will CCS provide
- CCS will provide children with a nutritious snack.
- For Adventurers, CCS will pay for admission to any destinations and for transportation.
- Where do the Adventurers go?
- In the past, children have gone to museums (e.g. Franklin Institute, Philadelphia Art Museum), parks (e.g., Clark Park, Sister Cities), outdoor and nature-related destinations (e.g., the Bio Pond at Penn, the Cira Center roof deck, Woodland Cemetery), and other fun locations (e.g., the Free Library, the University Family Fun Center).
- See the full map of destinations below!
- If you have ideas for other destinations, email Jarrod.
- We reserve the right to cancel service for any day we cannot adequately staff or enroll
- The week of 8/13–17
- The week of 8/20–24
- The week of 8/27–31
- Remaining dates for 2018-19 to be announced