Vacation Care at CCS
CCS offers “vacation care” on days when CCS is closed to meet the needs of families who require year-round care.
Who may participate?
- Any child currently enrolled at CCS
- Siblings of enrolled children, ages 3–8
- CCS alumni, ages 3–8
- Note: Children who receive “one-on-one” services at school must have a one-on-one during Vacation Care as well
- Adventurers will leave school by 9:30 and return by 2:00
- Calendar of dates below
- Cost for 2018-19 is $70/day (same as last year!)
- Cost includes transportation fees, admission to field trip locations, etc.
- Payments may be made via TADS (for families enrolled in preschool), check made payable to Children’s Community School, or cash
- To reserve a spot, email Jarrod with what days you’d like.
- What should children bring?
- All children should pack a lunch and a full water bottle each day, and wear clothing that is comfortable for playing and walking.
- Adventurers should their belongings in a backpack they can comfortably carry while traveling.
- What will CCS provide
- CCS will provide children with a nutritious snack.
- For Adventurers, CCS will pay for admission to any destinations and for transportation.
- Where do the Adventurers go?
- In the past, children have gone to museums (e.g. Franklin Institute, Philadelphia Art Museum), parks (e.g., Clark Park, Sister Cities), outdoor and nature-related destinations (e.g., the Bio Pond at Penn, the Cira Center roof deck, Woodland Cemetery), and other fun locations (e.g., the Free Library, the University Family Fun Center).
- See the full map of destinations below!
- If you have ideas for other destinations, email Jarrod.
- We reserve the right to cancel service for any day we cannot adequately staff or enroll
Upcoming Dates, 2019
- March 29th
- April 15th – 19th
- May 24th
- May 27th
- June 10th
- July 1st – 5th